Hail to the Chief! Saints Row IV has catapulted itself to the top spot on the UK Charts.
This weeks UK Charts make it quite plain that we are entering the Fall season. A whole slew of new games were released last week with many of them breaking into the Top 20 including Saints Row IV, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Disney Infinity and The Bureau: XCOM Declassified.
Saints Row IV managed to defeat the other new releases to claim the top spot. Saints Row IV was developed by Volition and published by Deep Silver, who acquired the studio and Saints Row IP after purchasing them from THQ earlier this year. Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Blacklist claimed the second spot. Sam Fisher’s return after a short hiatus was met with a strong critical reception, but it seems players would rather play as superheroes in Saints Row IV.
Disney Infinity, Disney’s huge investment, only made it to the third spot. Time will tell if the action-figure collecting game will have the same legs that Activision’s Skylanders franchise has, What didn’t have legs was 2K Games’ The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, which launched at the 10th spot.
Check out the full Top 20 below:
- Saints Row IV (Deep Silver)
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Ubisoft)
- Disney Infinity (Disney)
- Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
- FIFA 13 (EA)
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo)
- LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros.)
- The Last of Us (Sony)
- The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (2K Games)
- Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
- Max Payne 3 (Rockstar)
- LEGO The Lord of the Rings (Warner Bros.)
- Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
- Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
- Skylanders: Giants (Activision)
- Grand Theft Auto IV (Rockstar)
- PayDay 2 (505 Games)
- The Smurfs 2 (Ubisoft)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks)