Gears of War: Judgment has executed Tomb Raider to take the top spot in the UK.
Tomb Raider had a good run with two weeks as the number one selling title in the UK, but all good things must come to an end. Microsoft and Epic Games’ Gears of War: Judgment is now the number one title in the UK. Set as a prequel to the original Gears of War trilogy, Judgment stars Damon Baird as main protagonist as he and his squad testify over using an unauthorized weapon.
There were quite a few surprises in this week’s chart. God of War: Ascension, which was number two last week, fell hard to the number six spot. An even bigger fall was Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm, which failed to chart in its second week of availability. Meanwhile, the critically panned The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct debuted in the number three spot.
There was some good news for the Wii U within the charts. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, an HD Remaster of the Wii title, debuted in the seventh spot. This is the first Wii U title to make it onto the UK Charts in months.
Check out the full Top 20 below:
- Gears of War: Judgment (Microsoft)
- Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
- The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct (Activision)
- FIFA 13 (EA)
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 (City Interactive)
- God of War: Ascension (Sony)
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Capcom)
- SimCity (EA)
- Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Konami)
- Crysis 3 (EA)
- Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
- Skylanders: Giants (Activision)
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
- Aliens: Colonial Marines (Sega)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks)
- Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed (Sega)
- Hitman Absolution (Square Enix)
- LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros.)