NPD has released its data for February 2013 and found that EA’s Dead Space 3 and Microsoft’s Xbox 360 have topped the US Charts.
Every month the NPD Group gathers together all retail sales and releases what sold the best. February 2013’s data has finally been released with a few surprises. Here are the Top 10 selling titles of the month (including Special Editions):
- Dead Space 3 (360, PS3, PC)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II (360, PS3, Wii U, PC)**
- Crysis 3 (360, PS3, PC)
- NBA 2K13 (360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, PSP, PC)**
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3, 360)**
- Aliens: Colonial Marines (360, PS3, PC)**
- Just Dance 4 (Wii, 360, PS3, Wii U)
- Far Cry 3 (360, PS3, PC)
- Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3, PSV)
- Madden NFL 13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSV, Wii U)
The Top 10 was well populated with numerous titles that released last month. Dead Space 3 unsurprisingly took the top spot. The biggest surprise is the inclusion of Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, which is a game many thought Sony had just sent out to die.
In terms of hardware, Microsoft and the Xbox 360 won another month in the US with 302,000 consoles sold. Sony came in second, but have not disclosed the amount of PS3s sold. Nintendo and the Wii U came in dead last only selling a reported 60,000 consoles.
Despite what appeared to be a strong month, NPD analyst Liam Callahan said that sales were down 25% compared to February 2012. Most of this is attributed to the overly long current generation of consoles. Expect to see more sales declines throughout the year until the launch of the PS4 and next Xbox.