Electronic Arts has put out the launch trailer for The Sims 3 University Life, its latest expansion pack.
Those feeling a bit nostalgic might remember that The Sims 2 also received a similar expansion pack, simply dubbed “The Sims 2 University”. The expansion opens up a new chapter for Sims, allowing them to enrol in university, whereby they will pick from one of six majors and work towards earning a degree.
“From juice-keggers to new social groups, to protests in the quad and young love, there’s much more to university than time spent in the classroom. Sims will explore an all-new college town filled with new locations to visit such as the bowling alley and SimBurger and discover hidden talents through an array of extra-curricular activities, including spray painting murals, playing games of kicky bag in the quad and so much more!” reads the press release.
Those who pre-order The Sims 3 University’s Limited Edition will receive The Party Pack Bundle, which includes the Partaeus Maximus statue, allowing your Sims to throw “the best parties ever”.
There’s a list of features that can be found within The Sims 3 University outlined below:
- Achieve Academic Excellence. Learning is more fun than ever with new major-specific objects. Your Sims can broadcast their own radio show as a Communications student or bone up on anatomy using the skeleton as a Science and Medicine major. Your Sims can also learn through class activities, lectures at the student union, and joining in social activities.
- Get Ready to Party! Text books and study groups are a big part of college, but sometimes Sims just need to party! From hosting bonfires by the lake to doing juice keg stands at a dorm party, there are lots of ways to have a great time and let loose.
- Make Connections and Network. Grow your social networking skill through texting, blogging and streaming video. This builds your affiliation with the three social groups on campus – the Nerds, the Rebels and the Jocks. Building your cred with these groups offers unique advantages, from earning dream jobs to a coveted extra trait.
- Actions Matter. Just like in real life, your Sims’ decisions are deeply interconnected. For example, a Fine Arts student benefits from the Avant Garde trait, and develops their Street Art skill and cred with the Rebels by tagging and spray painting. Just don’t let your Sims get caught by the cops!
- Reap Benefits After University Too! Help your Sims r each the top job in your career path more easily with faster promotions and a higher entry-level job for university grads. If your Sim becomes a legend with their social group, they may even land a dream job as an art appraiser, sports agent, or video game developer!
- Explore the Campus and Town. From striking out at the bowling alley to flirting with the barista at the Roasted Toasted Beans to browsing comic books at Keith’s Komics, there’s a whole new town and campus full of places to explore.
Next up for the franchise is The Sims 3 Island Paradise, which is the second of three expansions coming to The Sims 3 in 2013, as announced by EA earlier in the year.
The Sims 3 University Life is out March 8 on PC and Mac – as it’s an expansion pack it will require a copy of The Sims 3 in order to play.