The DICE Summit 2013 is under way with the DICE Awards 2013 winners being announced.
Journey was nominated for 11 awards and ended up winning 8 of them including the highly sought after Game of the Year Award. thatgamecompany’s mesmerizing platformer also took home awards in Best Casual Game, music, sound design, art direction, innovation, online gameplay and game direction. The Walking Dead took home 4 awards of the 8 eight categories it was nominated for.
The Walking Dead, another 2012 favorite, won 4 of the 8 awards it was nominated for. Aside from Journey and The Walking Dead, no other game won multiple categories. This was the first year in the 16 year history of the DICE Awards that a downloadable title has won Game of the Year.
The full list of winners are below:
- Game of the Year 2012: Journey
- Action: Borderlands 2
- Mobile: Hero Academy
- Handheld: Paper Mario Sticker Star
- Sports: FIFA 13
- Racing: Need for Speed: Most Wanted
- Fighting: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
- Downloadable: The Walking Dead
- Casual: Journey
- Web based: SimCity Social
- Family: Skylanders Giants
- RPG or MMO of the year: Mass Effect 3
- Strategy or simulation: XCOM: Enemy Unknown
- Adventure: The Walking Dead
- Outstanding achievement in original music: Journey
- Outstanding achievement in original sound design: Journey
- Outstanding achievement in original story: The Walking Dead
- Outstanding achievement in character performance: The Walking Dead (Lee Everett)
- Outstanding achievement in art direction: Journey
- Outstanding innovation in gaming: Journey
- Best online gameplay: Journey
- Oustanding achievement in connectivity: Halo 4
- Outstanding achievement in animation: Assassin’s Creed 3
- Outstanding achievement in gameplay engineering: XOM: Enemy Unknown
Journey is available exclusively on PlayStation 3 via the PlayStation Network.