Call of Duty: Black Ops II managed six weeks at the number one spot, but Far Cry 3 has finally taken it down.
Ubisoft should be very proud of Far Cry 3. The game stands as the highest rated shooter of 2012 (via Metacritic). It is also the first game to push Call of Duty: Black Ops II from the top spot. In fact, it was a stellar week for Ubisoft with Just Dance 4 and Assassin’s Creed III also in the Top 10.
In fact, Call of Duty: Black Ops II dropped to the number 3 spot behind FIFA 13. The highly rated sports title has remained near the top since its release, and it doesn’t look to be stopping anytime soon. Hitman: Absolution fell to the fourth spot, meanwhile Need for Speed: Most Wanted climbed back into fifth.
Most interestly, two titles from 2011 continue to be in the Top 20 games. Both The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Forza Motorsport 4 were released Fall 2011 and continue to go strong. The full top twenty titles for the week ending December 29 are as follows:
- Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
- FIFA 13 (EA)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
- Hitman: Absolution (Square Enix)
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
- Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
- Halo 4 (Microsoft)
- Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
- LEGO The Lord of the Rings (Warner Bros.)
- Forza Horizon (Microsoft)
- WWE ’13 (THQ)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks)
- Football Manager 2013 (Sega)
- Dishonored (Bethesda Softworks)
- Medal of Honor: Warfighter (EA)
- Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed (Sega)
- Skylanders Giants (Activision)
- LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
- Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two (Disney)
- Forza Motorsport 2 (Microsoft)
Far Cry 3 is out now on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.