North American retail giant Target still has Wii U units in stock a day after launch.
Analysts all agree that the Wii U will be a hard to find item this holiday season. It has been six years since a proper console has launched and the masses are excited. Select Targets across North America claim that they still have units in stock and are beginning a four-day sale on video games on all platforms. The retail giant has split the deals into three categories; systems, games and televisions.
- $299 for Wii U (basic system includes 8GB Wii U Console, Gamepad, RemotePlus, stylus, chargers and HDMI cable)
- Save $24 on Nintendo 3DS XL Portable Game System (on sale for $175, regularly $199.99).
- Save $30 on Skylanders Giants starter pack for Wii, PS3, Xbox 360 and 3DS (on sale for $49, regularly $79.99).
- Buy two, get one 50 percent off on all Wii U Games
- Free $10 Gift Card with purchase of Epic Mickey 2, Hitman: Absolution or Sims 3
- Save $300 and receive a $100 Target Gift Card when you purchase Sharp 60″ 120Hz 1080p Smart HDTV (on sale for $1,199.99, regularly $1,499.99)
- Save $330 on Samsung 46″ class 120Hz 1080p LED HDTV (on sale for $649.99, regularly $979.99)
- Save $250 on Samsung 40″ 1080p LED HDTV (on sale for $439.99, regularly $679.99)
Nintendo Wii U launched yesterday, November 18, in North America at all major retail stores. The console has become hard to find due to most units being snatched up as pre-orders. Target currently has the best deals of any retailer for Wii U games.
The Wii U launches November 30 in Europe and December 8 in Japan.